Monday 30 January 2012

Playtime!

'Creativity is fun. It is 'Play'...Play is light-hearted and enjoyable; when it stops being fun people stop playing.' (Howkins, 2007 pp.12)

I love this definition! Howkins sums up my perception of my own creativity as a designer. I like to have FUN! It is very important that i enjoy my work, if i get bored, if I'm stressed or under a lot of pressure my creativity is restricted, this is one of the drawbacks of designing to someone else's brief. I like to explore my passion for making and creating; drawing, cutting, sticking, designing by doing what i want to do, my creativity is empowered by having the freedom to play!

'The Creative Economy, How People Make Money From Ideas' Howkin's (2007) is a really good book to get your teeth into, not exactly bedtime reading but has been the best book on my reading list so far. Expect to see a few more posts on here - i'm collecting quite a few shiny gems already!

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=znXx2zJGY9QC&dq=the+creative+economy

No comments:

Post a Comment